21.1.08

blessings in disguise

I was thinking about what happened lately to my friend NNG and an interview that I read last year about Ellen De Generes came to mind.

She was asked about her childhood dreams and this is what she shared...

"I wanted to be famous. I thought if I could find a way to be famous, people would love me. And then you get all that stuff - and I worked really hard to get all that - and it sounds crazy but I got the biggest, most wonderful blessing I could get which was I lost my show, and I lost my entire career, and I lost everything for three years."

So, why was it a blessing when she lost everything?

"Because I got to learn that I was strong enough to start over again. I got to learn how to sit back and watch other people and learn what judgment was and have compassion. And learn that not only was I strong enough to make it in the first place, but I was strong enough to come back and make it again. How lucky am I to have learned that? That's why I look at it as a blessing."

Whenever an unfortunate event takes place in our lives, instead of just crying or moping about it, we should also take a good hard look at the entire situation. There may be a blessing there that we can't see.

2 comments:

  1. Great post!! I loved this:) It is very true! I also loved the pictures of your baby- I didn't get a chance to comment- but he is soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you agree with me. Awww... thank you... I think he's cute, too, LOL! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!