21.2.08

Thursday Thirteen # 16

Photobucket
13 TONGUE-IN-CHEEK BABY QUOTES


"A baby's a full time job for three adults. Nobody tells you that when you’re pregnant, or you’d probably jump off a bridge. Nobody tells you how all-consuming it is to be a mother—how reading goes out the window and thinking too." ~ Erica Jong

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" ~ Milton Berle

"I don't know why they say "you have a baby." The baby has you." ~ Gallagher

"Parenthood: The state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage." ~ Marcelene Cox

"You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance." ~ Franklin P. Jones

"A baby's an inestimable blessing and bother." ~ Mark Twain

"Raising kids is part joy and part guerilla warfare." ~ Ed Asner

"People who say they sleep like babies usually don't have them." ~ Leo J. Burke

"The worst feature of a new baby is its mother's singing." ~ Kim Hubbard

"Diaper backward spells repaid. Think about it." ~ Marshall McLuhan

"A father is someone who carries pictures where his money used to be." ~ Anonymous

"First you have to teach a child to talk, then you have to teach it to be quiet." ~ Prochnow

”If nature had arranged that husbands and wives should have children alternatively, there would never be more than three in a family.” ~ Anonymous


Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Very nice.

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twain's and Asner's quotes are classics. Fun list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quotes!!!! :)

    Hoping you are well and your family too.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. #12 is so true, isn't it? Sometimes I need to remember how much I wanted my son to talk when he is not chattering non-stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL..fun! Had a great time reading these..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked what my father-in-law said once when someone asked how he slept last night. He said "I slept like a baby-- I woke up every two hours and cried!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't there one that says when you have the third kid you stop playing man defense and start playing zone?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I honestly think that the reason we don't have kids is that we know this stuff. I raised my little sister and my husband raised his sisters kids. We are kind of tired! lol!

    Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why is all the true stuff so funny?

    Really entertaining wisdom, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a great list and oh so true:) Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i ADORE this list! very funny! happy t13

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable, and refreshingly honest. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for visiting my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very good list of quotes. I especially love the one about teaching a baby to talk and then having to teach it to be quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the quote that the baby has you. Good list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL - excellant quotes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!