16.4.08

Time indeed flies

It still amazes me that this itty-bitty baby is turning 8 months old in a few days. And he’s changed so much. For one, he’s not as cranky as he used to be so he no longer drives me crazy with all the incessant crying. However, he can now stand with my support and what he likes best is to jump and jump and jump and jump… you get the picture. And he weighs around 20 lbs. That’s why I think my arms have gotten bigger and my back broader. Maybe I should get a trampoline and leave him there to jump to his heart’s content. He’s also very hyperactive. When he’s on the bed, he likes to roll around from edge to edge that’s why he’s already fallen off it twice. Lucky for me, we don’t have a bed frame yet. Just the 6-inch thick mattress so he didn’t get hurt. I began to feed him mashed food at 6 months and so far, he hasn’t refused anything I’ve given him. He loves to eat. Hmmm… I wonder who he takes after? He’s also started talking. Well, babbling. But he can say ma-ma, ba-ba, mee-mee and je-je. I’m trying to teach him to call me Mama but he insists on calling me Meemee which I guess is his way of saying Mommy. He only says ma-ma when he’s crying. And je-je… that’s his daddy’s nickname. Whenever I do something that he doesn’t like (i.e. dressing him, changing his nappy, etc) he’ll start calling, “Jeje, Jeje…” It makes us laugh each time! And he knows how to give a kiss on the cheek. Nobody taught him this. I’m guessing he just picked this up from me because every time I kiss him, I say, “Kiss, kiss!” But he doesn’t just kiss anyone. He only likes to kiss girls, hahaha! I think I have a ladies’ man-in-the-making here *shakes head*.

I could go on and on about all the wonderful little details of my baby’s milestones. The bottomline is that I’m blessed to have such a beautiful and smart baby boy who’s growing up healthy. He may test my patience sometimes, like his Dada does(hi, sweetie!), but he’s also one of my biggest joys in life.