10.6.10

being grateful

A few days ago, my blog friend Elaine tweeted about having gotten herself a gratitude journal and I suddenly knew what I was going to do with my extra Moleskine notebook. 

I used to regularly write down 5 things I was grateful for everyday but since I became a mom, I lost the habit. Elaine's tweet reminded me of that and I realized how life seemed even better back when I took the time to reflect on my day and be thankful for the blessings, big or small, that God had sent my way. 

I'm back on track now and I'm loving the positive vibes I'm getting. Elaine also pointed me to a Gratitude journal application that I've also installed on my phone and have started using it, too. With both the notebook and my phone, there's no way that my faulty memory can forget to make my list right before I go to bed. And I'm going to do that right now.

"The single greatest thing you can do to change your life today would be to start being grateful for what you have right now. And the more grateful you are, the more you get."

Mood Music: Daylight by The Kinks

2 comments:

  1. While I was browsing my daily love links in my blog. (Yes at work! sshhh!) I noticed you have a new post. As I was about to read what you have written, I didn't know I'm part your it! :) I'm glad you revive your gratitude journal again. And true you won't forget now that you have your notebook and app. I started mine last May 31st and it has change my life for the better.

    Let's all be grateful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tweet started it all! :) And yes, let's make a habit of being grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!