16.6.10

long weekend

Note: My husband, who reads this blog once in a while, pointed out to me that my timeline was a little skewed. Blame it on my terribly faulty short-term memory and the fact that it was 2am already when I was typing out this post. Anyway, I obliged him and edited it accordingly.

J was off from work from Saturday till Monday hence the blog silence the last few days. We were busy with household chores and spending quality time as a family. We also went out for three consecutive evenings despite the suffocating 45-degree heat outside.

Saturday morning. Ikea has always been one of our favorite places to go to here in Riyadh not only for the furniture but also for the food. Evenings have always been the time we visit but since I've long been intrigued with their breakfast offering, J decided to humor me. There wasn't anything extra special about their breakfast but it was nice to go out and have a morning date as a family. And browsing through the store after has always been a delight.


Sunday evening. Our first stop was the bookstore. After quickly browsing through the shelves, I got myself three books: Mr. ShiversThe Postmistress, and a nursing handbook. Jeolo also chose two for himself and couldn't wait to have us read it to him. 

J asked me to try and take it slow in going through the two novels and I've been trying very hard. Thank goodness a Plurk friend sent me a PDF copy of Changes, book twelve of The Dresden Files, that's why I'm able to put off devouring the ones I acquired. As for the medical-surgical nursing one, I need it to refresh my knowledge which has lain pretty dormant for the last 3 years or so. Now, if I could only find a way not to fall asleep five minutes into it. Any suggestions?

From the bookstore, we headed over to the grocery across the street then had dinner at Steakhouse before heading home.



Monday evening. We were off to Jeolo's favorite mall. He loves going there because of the big "oasis" in the mall's center. There are fountains, fake trees, plants and animals. We didn't do any shopping because we're waiting for the big midyear sale this coming July which is the absolute best. After walking around and a quick dinner, we were homeward bound.



Tuesday evening. We hadn't really planned on going anywhere but J remembered that I'd been craving for pizza this past week and that I wanted to try out Papa John's Pizza and decided that we go out for it. Unfortunately, the one nearest to our place was already closed. We drove off to find the next branch but the rush hour traffic was pretty bad and we ended up ditching Papa John's for another day in favor of Pizza Hut, which was more accessible. It's going to be another several weeks before we indulge again so the trip was worth it.

Aside from my relatively occupied weekend, I've also been avidly following the 2010 FIFA World Cup being held in South Africa. I've always been a football fan but, in the last couple of years, I haven't been able to watch and follow the leagues and my favorite teams as obsessively as I used to but I can't stay away from the World Cup matches. Go, Brazil!

That pretty much sums up my weekend. Nothing grand but wonderful nonetheless because I got to spend it with my main men. How'd yours go?


Mood Music: Flight of the Bumblebee by Rafael Lukjanik & Orchestra

2 comments:

  1. *pinch* ang cute talaga ng future-son-in-law ko :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And since ang cute din ng future daughter-in-law ko, that means super cute magiging apo natin! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!