17.8.10

happily (n)ever after


I find it very saddening each time I hear of the end of someone's marriage. This year alone, several of my old classmates from both high school and college have separated from their spouses. I can't imagine how horrible it must feel to realize that what they thought was forever ended up lasting less than a decade.

It also makes me a little scared. I knew some of these couples when they were still very happy and giddy with love. What went wrong? What happened to make one or both of them give up on their marriage? When did they decide that enough was enough?

Aside from love, I know marriage entails a lot of work, a strong sense of commitment to each other and to the relationship, mutual respect, acceptance and compromise to make it last. I hope to God that no matter what comes our way, the husbo and I will never grow tired of loving each other, of forgiving each other, of forging ahead after every setback and in believing that we're in this for keeps.


Mood Music: Let's Stay Together by Al Green

6 comments:

  1. blog hop..

    yeah marriage is hard.. it takes a lifetime of work.. a long mile of patience.. more than a handful of understanding..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dreamt about a major fight between me and the husbo and it scared me like hell. I was so thankful that when I woke up he was still beside me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing it was only a dream. We have to keep working at making our realities so much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is indeed sad.

    now that i'm married i empathize with couple who undergo difficult challenges in their marriage. iba talaga pag married na eh. i feel a bit vulnerable when i learn of news like these (especially if it happens to friends).

    i wish the same for you and for the rest of married couples. may all married couples stay together thru thick and thin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I wish the same to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!