5.9.10

flashback on Twitter

I've always found Plurk to be more fun than Twitter. People there behave much more irreverently and are less reserved about what they say which translates to more LOLs and, sometimes, a little controversy. For me, Twitter is the sanitized older cousin but being able to "socialize" and interact with celebrities, et al makes up for what it might lack in excitement.

Yesterday was a different story though when people began to tweet about their memories from their grade school/high school years. It was so much fun to take that road down memory lane. Tagged as #sentisabado, the Filipino Twitter population reminisced about everything from old commercials such as Lilet's Coca Cola TV ad, to fashion (teased hair, Pop Swatch watches & shoulder pads) and to places like old malls and discotheques people used to frequent. There were so many updates that the topic even trended fourth worldwide by early evening Philippine time.

Here's a screenshot of some of my #sentisabado tweets:



I'm not sure if #sentisabado will be as crazy popular next Saturday as it was yesterday but I know I had a great time laughing and remembering the old days. Life seemed so much simpler then and I guess some things always look better in retrospect. :d

How about you? Care to share some of your memories? :)


Mood Music: Walk on the Ocean by Toad the Wet Sprocket

2 comments:

  1. Me, too. It was the fun-nest day I've ever had on Twitter as yet. Plurk's usually the place I go to for the silliness and laughs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the funnest twitday i've had!!!! super! i've been "lie-lowing" from twitter coz sometimes it can be a "harsh" environment but what happened last saturday brought me back to twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!