24.9.10

Things I Love: Tea

I've been trying hard to find my blogging mojo for weeks now and I decided to take another stab at it tonight. I thought writing about something that I loved would help kickstart my brain back into action.

I've never been much of a coffee drinker and I don't believe I'll ever be. Tea has always been my favorite hot beverage. I love how it tastes and most of all, how it relaxes me.

When I was younger, I used to drink really strong black tea with no sugar. Then I learned that the British way of taking it with milk and sugar was absolutely delicious and it became another way for me to enjoy the drink.

I eventually discovered that there was so much more to tea than the usual Lipton tea bag. There are so many varieties and distinct flavors to choose from and to savor that I've made it a point to try every new one that comes my way. For now, my personal favorites are lemon green, masala chai, oolong and white teas and the herbal and fruit tisanes.

I'm far from being a connoisseur since I still use tea bags but I plan to eventually try preparing a cup using fine, loose leaf teas. I also dream of getting myself a really nice set of Victorian teaware and enjoy my afternoon tea like a dainty English lady with my pinkie finger up in the air. :)

Is drinking tea something that you also take pleasure in?

Mood Music: Tea and Theatre by The Who

6 comments:

  1. i learned to love tea when i moved here. australians are tea drinkers. i also started with black tea. nowadays, my top three must have teas are green tea, chamomile and peppermint. i've tried other teas like early grey and english breakfast but the three i've mentioned are a staple inside our home.

    let's have tea sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I really hope we can have tea together in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been drinking 'British tea' since I was 6 and stole some from my Dad's thermos flask. I would recommend it without the sugar though. Always makes me feel better when I'm down (or hung over...). Plus, if you get into the world of loose tea leaves there's so many fun gadgets to play with - like my new love, the 'tea sub' tea strainer. Plus, if you're looking to branch out I strongly suggest Turkish Apple Tea. Very sweet, but delicious :D

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it better without sugar? I'll definitely try that. And Turkish Apple tea sounds like something that I'd love. I'm also excited about learning how to brew loose tea leaves and getting a complete tea set and all those cute little gadgets that go with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's one of my fave drinks! :) But I have to control myself not to drink as my doctor prescribed me to lessen the intake causing me allergies.. this includes coffee and chocolates! waah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why don't you try taking green tea instead since it's healthier and has a lot less caffeine than black tea. Or you can take herbal & fruit teas - no caffeine at all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!