15.2.08

my life these days

A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.

Being a full-time mom is HARD. There are days I wish I'd rather be back working as a nurse. However, being a mom definitely has its perks. Aside from having the daily, sometimes twice a day, honor of cleaning up Jeolo's poop, wiping his drool, bathing & dressing him up, feeding him, and carrying him when my back feels like it's ready to give up... It really is a wonderful time for me. Who wouldn't when I get to witness the moment he managed to turn over on his tummy, when he learned to raise both his arms to ask me to lift him up, when he flashes his toothless smile and giggles while I pat his bum dry, when I served him his first spoonful of cereal and he lunged at it and ate it with gusto? I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I am SAHM too and no way would I trade it. I can definitely be hard at times but so were my other jobs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!