14.2.08

topping off my cheese fest!

Yes, Valentine's Day is the day for people to come up with their corniest, sappiest, sugar-coated, syrup-laden declarations of love without looking like total fools. Or maybe they still do but no one says anything because they're too busy doing the same thing! :o) Anyway, this post is for me & my sweetie... my pangit... Our love story isn't at The Notebook level yet but we did have our own struggles to go through before we finally got married. It's actually the song, After All, that really tells our tale. It's been said that sometimes setting someone free is the only way to prove if you truly love a person or if a person truly loves you. When love is no longer bound by commitment and then that person comes back to you then it really is love. Hackneyed but very true. So, here's our song:



Well, here we are again;
I guess it must be fate.
We've tried it on our own,
But deep inside we've known
We'd be back to set things straight.


I still remember when
Your kiss was so brand new.
Every memory repeats,
Every step I take retreats,
Every journey always brings me back to you.

After All the stops and starts,
We keep coming back to these two hearts,

Two angels who've been rescued from the fall.
After All that we've been through,
It all comes down to me and you.
I guess it's meant to be,
Forever you and me, After All.


When love is truly right
(This time it's truly right.)
It lives from year to year.
It changes as it goes,
Oh, and on the way it grows,
But it never disappears,


Always just beyond my touch,
You know I needed you so much.
After All, what else is livin' for?



I love you, Sweetie.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, I love it. This song is totally my hubby and I too. I am reading down your blog here and getting wiggy because how much we have in common. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I have never seen this movie the Notebook but this song always reminds me of the movie "Chances Are" with Robert Downey Jr. and Mary Stuart Masterson, ever seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Yes, I've watched "Chances Are"... several times, in fact and that's where I first heard this song. I searched for a video of it in youtube but this was the nicest one I found so I used it. So, we have similar love stories *giggle*!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!