17.3.08

Sunday out

Yesterday, we went to Laguna and spent a day by the pool at one of the many private hot spring resorts that pepper the area. It was a bon voyage outing for Jon (bro-in-law) and Karen (sis-in-law) who’ll both be leaving the country soon to seek better career opportunities abroad.

I’d been really looking forward to this jaunt because I wanted to play in the water with my son. As my luck would have it, I got my darned period the evening before it *grumble*. Jeolo, however, had the time of his life in the water. His cousin, Kloe, was in the water first but didn’t like it and bawled her pretty little head off the entire time she was in it. Then it was Jeolo’s turn and he immediately began slapping his hands on the water’s surface, all the while looking around curiously. A bit later, he was placed inside an inflatable toy and he instinctively paddled with his stubby legs. I was so proud of him! Everybody cheered him on and the little show off played with his audience even more by smiling at them. It was so wonderful to watch him. :o)

Since I couldn’t go swimming, I contented myself with singing since there was a videoke machine available. I had so much fun singing everything from the Beatles to Elvis Presley to Journey to Madonna to the Spice Girls and even Paris Hilton. The cornier, the better! I even got a score of 100 (ssshhhhh… TIP: sing as LOUDLY as possible, lol!), hahaha!

And, as all Filipino get-togethers go, there was an abundance of food. Since we left the house early to avoid traffic at the SLEX, our day at the resort started with a big breakfast and then non-stop snacking until it was time for lunch and we continued munching till 6pm. A third of the way home, we stopped by a fast food place and had our dinner there. We stuffed ourselves pretty good!

It was a great way to spend the weekend and it had everyone planning to go to Tagaytay or Luciana for the Holy Week. I guess we’ll have to wait and see! :o)