23.7.09

catharsis

In the past few months, I began to allow the monotony and boredom of life as a stay-at-home-mom here in Riyadh to get to me. Me, who has always found reasons to be happy even in the direst of consequences and in the simplest of things.

I don't know if it's just PMS but I've spent the last two days wallowing and crying. It's been a long time since I've felt this depressed and I hate feeling this way. I knew I had to snap out of it soon and I needed something symbolic to help me get started. I logged on to my previous blog, my second one actually, and tried to find the words to help me get some emotional cleansing but there was none. I began reading through my archive and ended up feeling even more miserable. It was the rare entry where I could feel my own happiness shouting back at me.

So, I deleted that blog and decided to start over. This time, I'll do my best to stop sweating the small stuff and instead find and focus on those moments, people and things that make me happy in big or small ways.

Here's to a new beginning.

Mood Music: Basia - Clear Horizon (1998)

Shared via AddThis