31.5.09

Hitched tunes

Every time I imagine myself on my wedding day, music plays a big part in that fantasy. I've been married almost three years now but have yet to be married in church and have yet to experience the ideal wedding reception that usually follows. When we finally get to do that, I know I'm going to be obsessed in choosing the songs that will be played on that day and here are three, among so many other personal favorites, that you'll surely hear and see us dancing to.

"And so today, my world it smiles,
Your hand in mine, we walk the miles,
Thanks to you it will be done,
For you to me are the only one."

"I can only give you country walks in springtime
And a hand to hold when leaves begin to fall,
And a love whose burning light
Will warm the winter night,
That's all, that's all."


"Ooh, I've been wandering 'round
But I still come back to you,
In rain or shine
You've stood by me, girl,
I'm happy at home,
You're my best friend."