13.9.09

party peepers



 I've finally been able to try out my Sephora Mini Heated Eyelash Curler, which I blogged about a few weeks ago, for a couple of times now and all I can say is that I'm very happy with it.

It's very safe and easy to use, I didn't have to worry about getting my eyelids burned. Unlike traditional eyelash curlers where we crimp first then apply our mascara, things are done the other way around with this contraption. First, I turned the heated curler on and let it warm up for a minute. While waiting, I brushed on my mascara (I used Maybelline's XXL Curl Power ) and by the time I was done, the curler was also ready. I used it the way I applied mascara - I started from as near the roots as I could then sort of made a curling move with it then pressed it lightly against my lid for a few seconds. It's probably a little hard to visualize but I'm sure you won't have any trouble if you get the chance to try it. I repeated it a few times until I got the curl I wanted. With that, my stubbornly straight lashes stayed curled for about four hours before I needed a retouch. I know you'd probably say, "Only four hours?!" but if you ever get the chance to meet my lashes, you'd understand why four hours is a long time for me. Then I found something else that helped me achieve maximum curling power and that was by using Shu Uemura's Mini Eyelash Curler.

Yes, our favorite Shu Uemura lash buddy now has a mini me and it's perfect for short, stubby lashes like mine. It did take me a bit of practice to get my lashes done right since I had to do them by sections. But once I got the hang of it, it was time well spent. It's precision curling at its best. You who've been blessed with fuller and longer lashes will be able to achieve an even more doe-eyed look as this baby allows you to curl the outer corner lashes beautifully.

So, for those moments when I need my lashes to stay prettier much longer, I use the mini curler first then mascara and finish off with the heated wonder. But for those ordinary days, I stick to either just the mascara and use either the Shu Uemura mini or the Sephora mini heated one. Whichever I choose, I'm finally satisfied that I can now have the wide-eyed effect that I've always wanted.


Mood Music: I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred