28.10.09

a shoe thing

Whenever we make plans to travel, I always worry about what footwear I should bring along with me. And I always choose comfort over fashion first. What's fashion if my feet will end up killing me from walking all day? 

In the past, my choice would always be sneakers but since some airports require passengers to take off their shoes during security checks, I ditched the sneakers for flip flops. They're comfortable and convenient. Only setback is that my feet get dirty very quickly while trudging around and some pairs are a little stiff so I sometimes get cramps from wearing them. Last year, I got me a pair of Crocs Alice, after hearing a lot of good reviews about it, for our Hong Kong-Macau trip. I loved that it had arch support and were quite comfy except that by midday, the plastic button that held the straps had rubbed the skin above my arch and gave me blisters. Good thing I had a pack of Band Aids ready for emergencies.

This December, we'll be off to Singapore and I'd been planning to wear my Ipanema by Gisele Bundchen pair. I find them to be a lot more comfortable than Havaianas flip flops but, at the same time, I also wanted a pair of shoes that would be perfect for long walks. Then this evening, while J was shopping for some board shorts, I saw some Sanuk footwear at the store. I'd already heard about them but didn't think they were for me. On a closer look, they seemed to scream "comfort" so I tried on a pair and they were absolutely wonderful! The shoe, no... sandal, was very light, flexible, and looked like a shoe but didn't give my toes the cramped feeling that's common with regular shoes. The upper was made of textile with eyelets on the side for added breathability. Plus the style was perfect to wear with either jeans or shorts. And the best thing about it was it was on SALE at 70% off! Woohoo! I immediately asked J if I could have a pair and he didn't even hesitate because it was such a steal. He even bought one for himself, too.






 I can't wait to wear them!



Mood Music: New Shoes by Paolo Nutini