8.3.10

"mother and child"

I've long wanted to learn how to edit photos and make them look more artsy-fartsy although I'm not a big fan of pictures that have been photoshop-ped to within an inch of their lives that they hardly resemble the original anymore but I digress.

As of now, I don't have Photoshop installed on my laptop yet but I found a great open source software that allows me to fix or enhance photos similar to the way it does. It's called the GNU Manipulation Program or GIMP. I've only been testing it out for a week and have been watching tutorials posted on YouTube to learn how to use it and I've been having lots of fun.

Here's something that I edited to look like a pen-and-ink illustration and posted it on Facebook as my profile photo and some of my friends really liked it:


That's my son and I. What do you think? :)


Mood Music: Times of your Life by Paul Anka

6 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!