16.3.10

Round Three: Gent's Night and the Results show

It's a few days late because I've been busy with some things I didn't have time to finish my post but, anyway, here's my take on AI's guys' night last Thursday and the results show on Friday.

Michael Lynch. "Big Mike" has so far been the most consistent among the men and that strong final note he gave singing This Woman's Work by Kate Bush was quite impressive.

Casey James. Here's another guy who's also been consistent with his performances. There wasn't anything too awe-inspiring about his unplugged take of Keith Urban's You'll Think of Me but it was great nonetheless.

Lee Dewyze. He gave a bit of a rock feel to Owl City's Fireflies and was a crowd pleaser. I still like him.

Aaron Kelly. This kid has the power to hit those high notes and with a bit more experience, he could be even better. He chose I'm Already There by Lonestar and I have a feeling he'll be making it to top 12 without any problem.

Alex Lambert. I think the emotion was lacking as he sang Trouble by LaMontagne although he did sing it well.

Tim Urban. He did much better than this week with Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah and even got a hug from Ellen.

Andrew Garcia. I am no longer a fan. I can't understand why he keeps singing acoustic versions of songs and he totally sucked doing Christina Aguilera's Genie In A Bottle.

Todrick Hall. He picked Queen's Somebody to Love and it fit his theatrical roots to a T. He was fun to watch but I wouldn't feel bad to see him go.


Elimination Night.

Lilly Scott and Katelyn Epperly were sent home. I didn't care much about Katelyn but Lilly was a favorite even though I knew she'd never win. I had hoped she'd at least make it to top 12. Damn. Paige Miles and Katie Stevens deserved to be booted out based on their latest performances.  

Alex Lambert and Todrick Hall were the ones cut from the men's side. As I'd said, Todrick's exit didn't make me sad but I think Alex Lambert should've been given another chance. He definitely had a better voice than Tim Urban and made better song choices than Andrew Garcia but I guess Tim's teeny-bopper appeal and Andrew's YouTube followers saved them.

The theme for the top 12 this week will be the music of The Rolling Stones. I'm looking forward to hearing Crystal break out of her mellow folk vibe and rock it out, Siobhan to make another strange song choice but give a wonderful, crazy whirl to it, Lee Dewyze because he's the rocker guy this season and hopefully he'll get to prove that  and cross my fingers that everyone will finally step up their games and bring on the excitement that's been lacking since the top 24 were chosen.


Mood Music: This Woman's Work by Kate Bush