1.5.10

and I melt

These days, Jeolo can be quite the little monster but he does have his amusing, heartwarming moments that can douse anyone's temper. Here are a few of them:
  • Because of our bi-monthly trips to the bookstore since he was a baby, he now knows exactly where it's located. And whenever we're in its immediate vicinity, we'll notice him craning his neck expectantly and upon seeing it, he'll immediately cry out, "Books! Dada, buy mama books!"  See, I have my kakampi, hehe. Sometimes, J will reply, "Dada has no money to buy books" and he'll turn to me and say in a sad voice, "Oh no, mama."

  • One time, J was sitting on the edge of our bed while playing poker on his netbook. Jeolo was running around playing when he suddenly approached his dad and patted his abdomen and said, "Tummy." We just looked at him in amusement. He then ran to the other end of our room and shouted, "Dada, big tummy!" Hahaha!

  • I've also been slowly teaching him the alphabet, colors, shapes and numbers and he's been picking them up quite well. About 3 days ago, as we were waiting in the car for the supermarket to open after maghrib prayer, Jeolo was identifying the colors of the cars near us as well as naming some shapes. He turned to me, ran his hand around my face and said, "Circle!", sending J into a laughing fit. Grrr.

  • During the weekends, when Jeolo's godfather, who's also our flatmate, is around, Jeolo wants to go out and play with him but when his ninong is smoking, I don't let him out until the smoke has dissipated. But my tot doesn't like waiting sometimes so I explain to him that his ninong is smoking and it's bad for him. Now, each time he catches his ninong puffing in the kitchen, he'll wag his finger at him and say, "Ninong, bad smoke."  Out of the mouth of babes. :)

And on those days when my patience is being stretched and Jeolo knows that I'm really getting angry, he'll approach me saying, "Sorry, meemee, sorry. Huggie? Kissie?" Awww.


Mood Music: Handprints on the Wall by Kenny Rogers

2 comments:

  1. a brilliant child indeed! Gettin bigger and smarter! hala gat tu! ay pobre el dada if man move uste aki zambo na triste..hugs n kisses..i enjoy reading your blogs, it makes me sane because of my boredom attack..hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta cambia pensamiento del dada todo dia. Man deficil dao gat le si no hay came aqui. :-( Anyway, enjoy reading mio lasangan, hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!