17.5.10

another one bites the dust

This post is a little stale but here goes anyway.

Wednesday had the contestants piping out tunes from the movies. They each had a song to sing plus a duet with a fellow Idol hopeful. 

Lee Dewyze. Kiss From A Rose. I found his performance to be lackluster for such an awesome song. He didn't have enough range and power to hit the upper register of the song and I just didn't feel the song the way Seal makes me feel it.

Michael Lynche. Will You Be There. Michael Jackson may not have been the greatest singer vocally but you could always listen to and feel the emotion in his songs and Big Mike failed to do that although I have to say he belted it out great. 

Crystal Bowersox and Lee Dewyze. Falling Slowly. I actually heard this song for the first time just the night before, and fell in love with it,  when I caught the movie being shown on TV. I'm sure Crystal chose this song and it was perfect for them. Lee was able to make up for the flop with his first song and Crystal was wonderful as always. They harmonized nicely and there was chemistry present between the two.

Casey James. Mrs. Robinson. I knew the moment Ryan Seacrest announced that Casey would be singing this song that Kara would get ribbed about it. I really wonder why he chose this song. He slowed it down and   gave off a folksy Eddie Vedder vibe but overall, it felt kinda boring.

Crystal Bowersox. I'm Alright. I wasn't too excited about her song choice because, come on, there had to have been better songs she could have picked. Still, her arrangement was good and the judges agreed that she actually improved on the original.

Casey James and Michael Lynche. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman. Another slow song *yawn*. Casey's guitar-playing was good even if he bleated some verses. Big Mike also seemed to have his share of flat notes and, all in all, their duet was decent.

I guess I was disappointed with their song choices, except for Lee and Crystal's duet, and was expecting something more exciting especially since they were the top four.

Anyway, it was Mike who said goodbye last week. For this week, I think Casey will get the knocked out. Let's see if I get it right.


Mood Music: Almost Over by Elliott Smith