4.5.10

it's raining, it's pouring

While I was enjoying a quiet moment yesterday, I failed to mention that, outside, a really strong wind was blowing. It first blew up inordinate amounts of dust all around, some of which managed to pass through the aircon vents and triggered my first asthma attack of the year. After the dust storm, it started to rain hard by Saudi standards. I say that because we've definitely had worse in the Philippines so rainstorms here don't faze me at all. It actually made me enjoy my afternoon even more.

It continued to shower until early evening coupled by a light hailstorm which lasted for a few minutes. Jeolo was so happy to look out our window to see the water puddle that had formed in the middle of the street. He had fun watching cars splash rain water everywhere as they passed through the puddles.

It was only this morning that I found out that yesterday's rain had caused heavy flooding in many streets, brought the city to a major standstill and had left many stranded in their homes, workplace and in their cars in tunnels. Here's a video I found on YouTube which shows a severely flooded street:


The weather reports show that it will continue to be cloudy with occasional showers for the rest of the week. Me? I'm loving it because it makes me feel that I'm kind of back home. 

Mood Music: Rain by The Beatles

2 comments:

  1. grace_sandierpasturesTuesday, May 04, 2010

    Rain in the middle east is chaos! I hope Saudi won't be flooded again!

    Grace @ Sandier Pastures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chaos indeed! When they get a really bad rainstorm, people go about like a bunch of headless chickens. I do hope there's no more flooding but I don't mind the mild showers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!