26.5.10

skin deep

There may be a lot of things that are cheaper here in Riyadh compared to the Philippines such as gold jewelry, tech gadgets and perfumes but salon services are one of the exceptions. A simple hair cut costs around PhP 500-600 so you can imagine how much everything else is priced. Hence, I only ever get salon- or spa-pampered when we're on vacation. I know J wouldn't mind if I wanted to avail of a facial or a manicure - pedicure but I feel loathe to spend so much money on things like that.

Instead, I clean and paint my own nails as well as give myself an at-home facial. And, on those days when I'm too lazy to go through the entire rigmarole, I tear open a sachet of my favorite Montagne Jeunesse skin treat, apply it on my face, rinse or peel it off and voila! my skin feels like it had an instant facial.

I absolutely love their products which are processed minimally and use only natural ingredients from plants and minerals. My personal favorites are Passion Peel OffGreen Tea masqueCream & Honey Skin Polisher and Cucumber Purifying Peel Off masque. You might have noticed that I love masques a lot. I usually apply them right after a bath and by the time I've finished dressing, it's already dry and ready to be removed. My son always cries when he catches me peeling it off because he finds it scary, hehe!

I'm glad that even if I have to forgo some of my favorite indulgences, I've found alternatives good enough to satisfy me and keep me looking good until our next trip home.

4 comments:

  1. We're on the same boat. Although pwede namang gumastos, pero nanghihinayang ako. Ang mahal! Kaya pag nagbabakasyon, takbo agad ako sa favorite salon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same! Usually, the following after we arrive, takbo na ko agad sa salon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay naku same here! I only get to indulge on it pag-uwi ng Pinas. Ang mahaaaaal! cannot lah! I even paint my own nails too. Here it will cost me around 700 for the mani-pedicure. Eh sa Pinas may kasama nang foot spa yun! :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember, expensive nga din dyan sa SG yung salon services but, I have to say, sulit yung bayad sa hair rebond and digiperm! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!