30.6.10

Oh, happy day!


Today, the Philippines' 15th President was sworn in and with him clings the hope, including mine, of 90M+ Filipinos for a better government that will look after its people and their well-being. 

I'm not expecting him to perform miracles because with the state our country is in, it will take more than one presidential term to set everything right. But, as he said in his inaugural speech:
"We are here to serve and not to lord over you. The mandate given to me was one of change. I accept your marching orders to transform our government from one that is self-serving to one that works for the welfare of the nation."
...and I expect that he will do everything he can to fulfill it. In turn, as a citizen, I will do my part in helping his dream come to fruition.

God bless you, President Noynoy Aquino!


Mood Music: Renegades of Funk by Rage Against the Machine