26.7.10

Things I Love: Pens


I can't remember exactly when my fascination for pens began but until now, I get excited every time I see them displayed at the bookstore, whether they be ballpoint, gel, rollerball, felt-tipped or fountain pens.

When I was younger and still single, I'd always splurge on buying pens. My personal favorite for general writing purposes was the Pilot ballpoint, and still is until now, because of its fine point and smooth writing and I'd usually have several, if not an entire box, stashed away. I also loved Rotring Isograph technical drawing pens because I was a frustrated Fine Arts student and using them always made me feel better. :) Then there were the ones I bought merely because they were cute, colorful, funky and scented like those Raymond Geddes gel ones.

Although I don't capriciously buy pens like I used to anymore, it doesn't mean I no longer lust after them. I've actually set my sights higher and I now dream of owning a Grayson Tighe Amethystine or a David Oscarson Celestial fountain pen as pictured below. They are gorgeous works of art apart from being excellent writing instruments.


How I wish I could afford to buy one of them but they're madly expensive at around $4K each, eep! :o I'll have to settle for my cheap, funky ballpoints instead. :D


Mood Music: Paperback Writer by The Beatles

6 comments:

  1. I love pens too!! :) My love for them started with the perfumed Pandas. Now, even if pens are supplied by the office, I still buy some of my own. Current fascination: Staedtler's Triplus fineliners. I'm still trying to find an excuse to get more colors. I now have 6. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. $4k for a pen?! That's insane!

    I <3 pens. I can spend up to an hour comparing pens in an office supplies store. Haha! My favorite pen now is... wait.... I'm trying to dig it out of my bag but can't find it. Basta it's Staedler also, but forgot which particular kind! It's a great partner to Moleskine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. :(

    I know what you mean about spending an hour comparing pens... it's so fun! Must check out those Staedtler pens, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfumed Pandas were the ones with glittery holders, right? I loved those, too. :) There are Staedtler pens here but they have thick points like most other brands they have and that's why I always buy my pens back home.

    Pen-lovers unite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm a lover of pen too!!! ganun yata talaga pag mahilig magsulat no? mahilig sa pen...pati pencils mahilig ako. my cuzins always gets amazed whenever they see my pens coz i always seem to find the cutest pens there is.

    my faves are parker pens and staedtler...i also like the multi-colored ones and Pilot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dami pala nating mahilig sa pens! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!