13.4.13

Things I Love: Human Nature Natural Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner

I am in love! After years and years of looking for the perfect shampoo and conditioner for my neither thistle-straight or sexily wavy, fine hair, the search is over at last. 

My hair's new best friends are Human Nature's Natural Strengthening shampoo and conditioner.

Image from Human Nature
Why I LOVE them:
  • The shampoo cleanses my hair without leaving it feeling totally stripped down of its natural moisture.
  • Since they're both organic, they're free from SLS and SLES which is great for my health in general. The conditioner is also silicone- and dimethicone-free. These are the ingredients in regular conditioners that coat the hair to leave it shiny-looking and feeling smooth.
  • Both the shampoo and conditioner are very easy to rinse off and for someone who's obsessed about thoroughly rinsing out products from her hair, it's kismet.
  • Combined with the conditioner, my hair now feels so soft, light and almost totally frizz-free.
  • My hairfall problem has significantly decreased and my bathroom drain can attest to that.
  • My scalp doesn't itch anymore.
  • After a month's daily use, I can say my hair is at the healthiest it's been in years.
  • And they're so affordable at PhP 289.75 for a 500ml bottle of shampoo and PhP 299.75 for a 500 ml pump bottle of conditioner. Who said organic products were expensive?

Why others may not love them as much as I do:
  • The shampoo is thinner and runnier in consistency compared to the shampoos we buy from the supermarket. It took me about 3-4 uses before I figured out how much shampoo was enough to thoroughly cleanse my hair. It also doesn't produce a lot of foam since it's SLE/SLES-free so it takes a bit of getting used to.
  • The folks at HN describe the scent of these two products as "aloe vera-olive" and it doesn't really linger on your hair very long. I actually like it because it smells mild, fresh and different but again, if you're used to, or prefer, having your shampoo's (and conditioner's) scent last longer then you may not like it as much.

I've now gotten rid of the other hair cleaning and moisturizing products from my bathroom and only have these two and a tub of HN's hair mask. I love that Human Nature hasn't only made my hair healthier but has also helped me save money and cut down on the clutter. This is definitely going to be a long-term relationship. :L


Mood Music: You Had Me at Hello by A Day to Remember