19.6.08

a favorite...


I just finished watching Under The Tuscan Sun on TV and it reminded just how much I loved that movie. I loved the way it showed that what we sometimes think is the end really isn't and that wishes do come true... they just come to us in ways we never expected. And who could forget the beautiful scenes of the Italian countryside? Gawd... it makes me wish I could hop on a plane right now and fly to Europe! :o)

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite quotes from the movie:

Life offers you a thousand chances ... all you have to do is take one.

You have to live spherically, in many directions. Never lose your childish enthusiasm and things will come your way.

Regrets are a waste of time. They're just the past crippling you in the present.

Unthinkably, good things can happen... even late in the game. It's such a surprise.

They built a train track over these Alps to connect Vienna and Venice. They built these tracks even before there was a train in existence that could make the trip. They built it because they knew some day, the train would come.