13.11.09

one step forward, two steps back

This is so frustrating!

After almost two years of avoiding it, I finally had to admit to myself that I needed to drop my carb intake drastically if I really wanted to lose weight and keep it off. I was loathe to do it at first but about three weeks ago, I removed rice from my diet. I really thought I wouldn't be able to pull it off since I love my rice so much but I was very surprised when I did manage it without any major drama from myself. And guess what? I lost 4lbs in just 2 weeks. Yay for me! It made me feel so good and confident that I'd be able to finally lose the extra weight I'd gained in the past year and to keep it off.



Image borrowed from CartoonStock

Until PMS hit me this week. Like always, it has made me crave for food, food and even more food. I'm trying my hardest not to give in but I've slipped a bit the last few days. I indulged in tapsilog, pancit, champorado and pasta for 3 consecutive days, waaahhhhh! Although, in my defense, I only ate half of what I used to consume but know it's still going to set me back a bit. And the difficult part is if I don't satisfy my craving, I become very short-tempered and turn into a banshee. My poor husband and precious little boy have to tread carefully around me or else.

There's probably another week of having to deal with my hormonal short-circuit and I'm hoping fervently that I'll be able to get back on track or else I'm going to feel quite depressed once my PMS is over and the weight I lost comes back. Wish me luck!


Mood Music:  PMS by Mary J. Blige