20.2.10

Flower child or Flapper girl?



If I'd been given the choice to choose which decade I would have wanted to be born in, other than my actual decade, I'd have to say it would have been either the '60s or the '20s.

I'm crazy about the music from the 60s: The Beatles, Led Zep, The Who, Janis Joplin, Burt Bacharach and Hal David, Simon and Garfunkel, Jimi Hendrix and more. Then there was the Bohemian fashion, the attitude and the activism people exercised. I would have been a great flower child.

But I also love the the roaring 20s. I can almost imagine myself as a Flapper Girl with the bobbed haircut in a black fringe dress, having fun at a night club with friends while watching and listening to the likes of Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington play jazz music.


1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!