28.3.10

a step further

Yesterday, we went scouting for a playschool for Jeolo to attend. We don't really have any close friends who have kids his age living near us and it makes me sad that he rarely has the chance to socialize with other children. Plus I want to start preparing him for preschool so we decided that sending him to playschool would be a good idea.

Luckily, we didn't have to search too hard because an acquaintance recommended his kids' playschool/daycare center to us. Another friend had already told us about the same place and had only good things to say about it.

When we arrived there, we literally saw Jeolo light up at the sight of all the kids. He immediately approached them, smiling and saying "hi". He even surprised the administrator by approaching her and calling her "tita". Some of the kids shied away from him but he didn't seem to care much. He was just happy to be there.

Anyway, after having a casual interview with the administrator, my husband and I decided that the place satisfied all our requirements. That's why on Saturday, our little boy will be going to his first "class" and will be attending three hours per day at three times per week.

I have to say though that I'm beginning to feel some separation anxiety and my overprotective mommy mode is threatening to shift into high gear. My baby's world is starting to branch out and it makes just a little sad and wistful. But here's to new friends, new experiences and new things to learn for Jeolo.


Mood Music: Circle Game by Joni Mitchell