18.4.10

a new chapter in the offing

Since last year, friends and family have been asking us when we'd have another baby. We didn't feel quite ready yet for many reasons. But, after some serious discussion this week, plus the fact that I'm almost in my mid-30's, we've finally decided to try and get pregnant again. I was the most hesitant because I've been wanting to go back to work and I was still working on losing a bit more weight but we came up with a few compromises which are:

  • going back to school to finish my Master's degree in Nursing
  • work as a part-time Clinical Instructor while I'm studying
  • J will pay for my gym membership post-partum, hehe!
  • a car so I can be mobile and independent while we're back home

Jeolo will be old enough to go to nursery school next year and husbo prefers that he goes to school back home. And if we will be blessed with another pregnancy, I want to give birth in Zamboanga because my mom's there.

The great big downside to all this is that Jeolo and I will have to leave J behind and the thought makes me very sad. He's also having a hard time imagining life without us with him but it's a sacrifice we have to make for now. Being an adult is no fun sometimes. :-(

Anyway, I pray that everything will fall into place somehow and that I'll soon be gushing about a coming addition to our family.

Mood Music: A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke

6 comments:

  1. wow! bigla tuloy napaisip... :) goodluck and with the new baby, we get to see you more often no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... napaisip ka ba? :) Baka hindi rin because I'll be staying in Zamboanga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ibyang! :) It's definitely going to be an "adventure".

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck on this latest "adventure" :) sending positive thoughts and prayers your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's to another exciting (and challenging) chapter! We can only pray for better things to come. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this post. Have a wonderful day!